Wednesday, August 01, 2007

In Norway with the Nudds

I'm headed back from a great couple of days in Norway with our good friends, Garrett and Joy Nudd where they kicked off their world tour of international weddings this past weekend. Look for Nudd world tour stops in Scotland, France and Italy later this year.

I'm always up for travel and spending time with Garrett and Joy, so I hopped on a plane to Oslo last week to second (actually third) shoot the wedding of Silje and Crispin.

I shot almost the whole wedding with my digital Leica M8, which is quickly gaining stature as my favorite camera to shoot weddings. It is quiet and very responsive, the lenses are almost too sharp, and I can shoot images handheld down to 1/4 second. I can shoot in some pretty dark situations when I've got my 50/1.0 lens mounted on the camera. What's best, the camera looks like a toy, so people ignore me as I'm walking around shooting. They think I'm some crazy cousin with a pawn shop camera.

I also borrowed a video camera to try my hand at shooting moving images, which was unfamiliar and interesting. I shot video of Garrett working in Norway for his promotional videos. Adding the elements of time and audio presented brand new challenges for me. It was a lot of fun but I'm not quitting my day job!

Check back here soon for an amateur video and professional stills :) Thanks, Garrett and Joy for a fun trip!
-Andrew

6 Comments:

Blogger Holritz Photography said...

How cool is that! I know you guys had fun, and shooting with the Leica has got to be awesome! The 50 might be my favorite lens!

- N

August 02, 2007 10:33 AM  
Blogger Holritz Photography said...

How cool is that! I know you guys had fun, and shooting with the Leica has got to be awesome! The 50 might be my favorite lens!

- N

August 02, 2007 10:33 AM  
Blogger Brian + Gry said...

Sounds like a great experience Andrew. . .did you try any lutefisk?? Can't wait to see some Leica images!
Thanks again for a great week in Atlanta!

August 03, 2007 9:22 AM  
Blogger Garrett Nudd Photography Blog said...

LOL!!! Man, it was great having you there. Thanks so much for joining us, it was an absolute memorable blast!

August 03, 2007 8:09 PM  
Blogger Mike Larson said...

I always love your stories, put up some more pix or email them to me mike@mikelarson.com have a great sunday!

August 05, 2007 3:45 AM  
Blogger Rebecca Kiger said...

Andrew,

I would love to see what images you are creating with the Leica. Please give us a posting of those! I loved getting to handle the camera and snap some with that super fast lens at the workshop in April. The only rangefinder I've used in my days was an Olympus that fit in the palm of my hand and ran me about $110. It really looked like a toy! Leica is a little more, right? How fun to be a third shooter!

Best,
Rebecca Kiger

August 05, 2007 8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home