Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Super Tuesday

For some, the Super Bowl is the highpoint of the year. While I admittedly know very little about sports (I didn't even know who was playing in the Super Bowl until somebody told me at the wedding reception on Saturday) I can relate to the anticipation and excitement brought about by the unknown outcome of any competition.

Politics are for me what sports are for most people, and this year has been the most fascinating in my lifetime!

I was in Delaware this weekend photographing the wedding of a photographer friend, Laura Novak and her husband, John Meyer, when I found out that Barack Obama would be speaking in the public square right outside of our hotel. When I saw Secret Service patrolling our hotel, I knew something was up.

As a political junkie, this was an unexpected gift — and it landed in my lap! Another photographer friend, Anna Kuperberg, who shot the wedding with us, joined us and 25,000 other people to be right in the middle of it all. It was exhilarating.

So, today is SuperTuesday, and I'll be glued to the news. For those of you who live in one of the 22 Super Tuesday states, remember to get out and vote!

I'm Andrew Niesen and I approve this message. :)



-Andrew

9 Comments:

Blogger Sudie Niesen said...

Gosh, I'm jealous . . . I can't believe you went to an Obama rally without me

February 05, 2008 12:42 AM  
Blogger Chris Humphreys said...

I'm with you Andrew! This time of year I'm probably more up to date with what's happening in the political world than in the photography world! :)

So jealous you got to see Obama!

February 05, 2008 1:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHEO_fG3mm4&eurl=http://tarawhitney.typepad.com/

this was an awesome video.. even if you arent rooting for him. ;)

February 06, 2008 9:53 AM  
Blogger Artstar said...

Yes, yes, I got out the vote and it is an exhilarating time in our country's history- but Andrew, it was also one of THE greatest Super Bowl stories ever!

February 06, 2008 2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrew,

You are so cute ;)

hugs

a

February 06, 2008 10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrew

Greetings from Costa Rica....the two men with Obama are running against each other for DE Gov in 08 you can read more on delawaregrapevine...cool weekend..got to meet him in the lobby of hotel...thanks for everything! John

February 07, 2008 12:31 PM  
Blogger Katie Humphreys said...

I was going to comment that you and Chris seem to be cut from the same mold, and then I saw he was the 2nd comment here!! :) hehe We are quite up to date on the political stuff, much more than the sports, and I'm sure people would really laugh at us if they knew how much we talked about it at home!!

What a cool opportunity you had!! :)

February 08, 2008 11:59 AM  
Blogger Anna Kuperberg said...

That was so much fun. I'm so glad I got to hang out with you both for a while. Regardless of who wins, I feel we are living in exciting times. Was that just a week ago? It was a moment in history that I will always remember.

February 10, 2008 1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exciting times indeed. Even more exciting when Obama wins. I wish I were there. Thanks for sharing such a great tidbit.

Peace,
Parris Whittingham
New York City Wedding Photographer

April 08, 2008 4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home