Monday, October 09, 2006

Thanks Joe!

I had the privilege of assisting Joe Buissink on a wedding this weekend in Atlanta and I was awed by his humility and gentleness. Joe’s incredible rapport with people is inspiring, and his beautiful photographs reflect a sincere love for his subjects and a willingness to seek out beauty in quiet, subtle moments.

Joe, here’s a quote for you, from someone whose work we both admire. Thank you for reminding me to be patient with myself and with the moment. Your encouragement and support are invaluable.

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."

— Dorothea Lange


-Rachel



PS: Caught you chimping in the crazy red chair :)

4 Comments:

Blogger 6 of Four Creations said...

Wow, what an opportunity. That's great Rachel!

October 10, 2006 10:45 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Rachel, what a great opportunity to shoot along side Joe! Im sure that was quite an experience!

October 10, 2006 3:03 PM  
Blogger Garrett Nudd Photography Blog said...

You are the east coast Joe!!! LOL.
Twelve of us are hanging out with him this week in Vermont. Caroline's comment about "teaching me to shoot with my heart" is the perfect way to put it.

Joe talked about you on the opening morning and said he was a big fan of your work (pump, pump). I'm so excited for you guys to have had this opportunity.

But most of all, I'm glad to see that you have proof that contrary to what he says, Joe DOES chimp. :-)

gn

October 12, 2006 6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe and I have the same barber :)

October 14, 2006 4:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home