Saturday, January 27, 2007

Wedding Adventures in Chicago


This weekend was one of the best wedding-related experiences I've ever had. Yet I wasn't actually photographing a wedding! Instead, I had the wonderful privilege of being the big brother of the bride.

My sister Katie is getting married, so we traveled to Chicago this weekend to search for her gown.

Our friend, Amanda, owns Belle Vie Bridal Couture in the Windy City. We met Amanda this Fall in Southampton, NY and were immediately impressed by her creativity and entrepreneurial energy.

Belle Vie's gracious staff attentively guided Katie through her search for the perfect gown. And she found it! It was the third gown she modeled, and it is absolutely stunning. It's a Christos gown, but I can't reveal any more details...the groom could be eavesdropping! (Hi, Michael!)

Katie is beautiful, inside and out, and I can't wait to watch her walk down the aisle with my father on October 20. Rachel and I are so proud of Katie and Mike!

Here are photos and videos from our weekend in Chicago:
The Crown Fountain in Chicago's Millennium Park.

Watch this video of Rachel exploring the The Crown Fountain in Chicago's Millennium Park.

Watch this video of us calling my other sister, Sudie, in Ireland, to tell her that we found Katie's gown.

To celebrate, we toasted over crabcakes and cocktails at Shaw's. Rachel ordered an entire lobster, so our server brought her a BIB! Ha!
Our family self-portrait in Cloud Gate in Chicago's Millennium Park.

We return to Chicago in February to photograph an exclusive event at The Peninsula Hotel. Stay tuned for photos.
-Andrew

3 Comments:

Blogger 6 of Four Creations said...

What a wonderful time! I'm glad she found the perfect dress. That is perfect.

January 29, 2007 5:07 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Ha ha.. I loved the video of the phone call. It's like an old school version of video phones. :-)

January 30, 2007 3:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful family celebration in anticipation of Katie's wedding.
Love, Mom

February 01, 2007 8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home