Sunday, January 07, 2007

What is Greatness?

During my holiday vacation, I was perusing websites and I stumbled across this wonderful quote, thanks to Amanda Kohn. Amanda will be attending our Business of Storytelling workshop in February.

"Great people are those who make others feel that they, too, can become great." —Mark Twain

Mark Twain's insight is simple but true. The people in my life whom I most admire are those who selflessly challenge me to believe in myself and encourage me to purposefully pursue photography as a calling.

They are:

My parents, who introduced me to the concept of calling.
My professor, who patiently taught me to truly see light.
My friend, who believed in me when I was pursuing an idealistic photo project in the Dominican Republic.
My mentor, who enables me to see the hope inside myself.
My business partners, who allow me to dream big.
My husband, who emboldens me to chase my dreams.

I am indebted to each of these incredible people. Their greatness grows from their humility and they have made my life richer by simply believing in me.
-Rachel

2 Comments:

Blogger Garrett Nudd Photography Blog said...

I have goosebumps reading that. Thank you for sharing.

jn

January 07, 2007 11:50 PM  
Blogger Rodolfo Arpia said...

I love your blog guys... and your photography too, of course.

January 08, 2007 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home