Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Electro-Shock Therapy


I developed this strange ringing in the ears around Christmas time that would simply not go away. After a thorough analysis by leading experts we've thankfully determined that it is nothing more than that. I have tinnitus, which produces a mild ringing in my ears that is really just a bit of a nuisance.

The doctor thought it best to "nip this in the bud" while I'm relatively young so it doesn't become a chronic problem.

So I have six treatment 90-minute appointments over the next two weeks that involve hooking electrodes up to my ears and giving me low-grade electric shocks and exposure to infrared-radiation to make the ringing go away.

Thanks to an open wireless network somewhere in this medical building, I can sit here and work — or play on Apple's Photobooth!
-Andrew

3 Comments:

Blogger 6 of Four Creations said...

How wild! I'm glad you found a way to spend your time! :)

kt

March 07, 2007 1:11 PM  
Blogger swan said...

That is so dang funny. I have the same thing, but not bad enough to cause me to wear something that looks quite that silly on my head.

March 07, 2007 1:30 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Oh wow! Poor thing, I feel your pain. A few years ago I had the same problem, but randomly it went away on its own. I hope the treatments help you for all the trouble it looks like. Thank goodness for WiFi!

March 09, 2007 12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home