Friday, February 16, 2007

The Business of Storytelling Workshop Recap

Erin Reed Adams and Mark Adams played Bride and Groom for the "hands off" shooting demo at Biltmore Ballrooms
We had an amazing week with everyone who attended our first Business of Storytelling workshop. We've added new photos below...
It was great to see so many talented people eager to learn and grow. And what really made an impression on us was how insipiring it was to see everyone helping each other. It seemed like every day, everyone would share their thoughts and ideas with each other. The sense of community and collective desire to help each other was powerful.

We miss all of you and can't wait to see you again!

We'd like to extend special thanks to Carrie Hopson (Biltmore), David Jay, Tim Zielenbach and Denis Reggie for their generous help in making our first workshop a success!
Cameron Clark and Eric Shunk at the shooting demo
Andrew Niesen explains bounce flash at the Biltmore
Rachel LaCour Niesen caught the "reverse angle" on the first dance
Mark and Erin joke with Eric Shunk during the "available light" portion of the shooting demo
The talented Hollye Schumacher chats with students during the shooting demo
Mark Adams waxes eloquent with Tammy Chambers

Patty Boge and David Jay
N'neka Scruggs, Erin Reed Adams, and Jenn Linke at lunch with David Jay.
David Jay charms the ladies :)
Rachel LaCour Niesen is always smiling!
Jerry Tomko promises to be Erin's dance partner at the next LaCour shooting demo! (There's always Vegas, Jerry :) )
Mark Adams tells us about his traumatic parmesan cheese incident (T-shirts coming soon!)
Macintosh Users Group (MUG) members Regina Holder, Kelly Lee Flora, David Jay, Andrew Niesen, Rachel LaCour Niesen, and Jerry Tomko
Patty Boge, Ernie Russell, Eric Shunk, Amanda Kohn and the back of Cameron Clark's head
Many thanks to all who attended! We didn't get our cameras pointed at everyone, but we love you all!

-Erin

-Mark

-Andrew

-Rachel

Labels:

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Cameron Clark | baby business blog said...

YEE HAW. It was a great learning experience.

February 17, 2007 1:02 AM  
Blogger Jill Higgins said...

Hi,

I saw a workshop picture posted on someone's blog and WOW - Erin's haircut looks great! :) I heard everyone had a blast and learned so much at the workshop. I'm jealous. :)

February 17, 2007 9:03 PM  
Blogger Garrett Nudd Photography Blog said...

You guys never cease to amaze me. I'm sure everyone had an amazing time! Congrats on a highly successful workshop!

Joy (and Garrett)

February 18, 2007 11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well worth every penny spent! I am ready for Round 2! Ranks right up there with the best I have ever attended.


Jerry Tomko

February 18, 2007 11:20 PM  
Blogger regina holder said...

The workshop was so awesome! I learned so much about photography and about myself. I was inspired by all the great images and ideas behind what you guys do. I was encouraged about mine own work and the path I have taken. I know my biggest shortcoming and it's fixable fast. I shot a wedding Saturday night and was excited about looking at the back of my camera! It was a fantastic experience. Thank you so much to Andrew, Rachel, Mark and Erin for all the time and attention they gave every one of us. You guys definitely raised the bar for workshop experiences. You treated us as wonderfully as you treat your clients. As a bonus, we now have 20 new friends.

Can I please crash the April one??? I want to come back!

February 19, 2007 9:01 AM  
Blogger Garrett Nudd Photography Blog said...

So Joy already commented, but I (Garrett) want to add my congratulations! You guys are an inspiration to so many, and we are truly blessed to call you friends. This is where I'd like to add something about sleeping in Mark and Erin's bed, but that might be inappropriate. Seriously, though, thanks for all your love and support. Blessings to you all.

February 19, 2007 10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!! That was by far the best experience of my life!!! I learned so much that I felt like I was going to crack right down the middle!! I just have one thing to say (yeah right), but here it goes... It's no longer "business as usual" around here. I LOVED meeting with you guys again and I learned more than my mind could ever process in one sitting! I loved meeting my 20 newest friends and I look forward to keeping in touch. I agree with Jerry - I'm ready for round 2! It was the best money I've ever spent!

love you all!

patty boge

ps - stay tuned for new website coming up!

February 20, 2007 10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm late to the party (I've actually decreased my time on the internet so that's a good thing) but I wanted to say it was a great workshop and well worth the money. I can't wait to meet up with you guys again sometime.

Love,
N'neka

PS- Still waiting on shooting queue ;)

March 01, 2007 9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home