Thursday, October 04, 2007

Roots Workshop


Our good friend, Emilie Sommer, sent me the link to the article in my previous post about the photographer who aided law enforcement officials in apprehending a criminal and I wanted to share with everyone something very cool that Emilie has created. She's founded the Roots Workshop, which is aimed at helping wedding photographers (or any photographer, really) improve their craft of storytelling with documentary photography

This workshop is going to be a one-of-a-kind experience. All the workshop staff and students will be staying at a sweet house on the coast in Cape Cod for the week of July 13-17, 2008. She has lined up some great faculty for this workshop, including Greg Gibson, Tyler Wirken and Jennifer Domenick, all who I've personally learned a lot from.

Go check out the Roots Workshop Website and see what you can learn to improve your craft of documentary storytelling!

4 Comments:

Blogger J said...

I am signed up and so excited to be learning from the amazing talent that will be mentoring this workshop. The atmosphere with so many creative people will lead to some terrific networking and a foundation for relationships that will last for years within this industry.

October 04, 2007 9:07 PM  
Blogger Kristina said...

I wish I could go too! It will be an amazing time, no doubt!!

October 05, 2007 1:26 AM  
Blogger Tyler Wirken said...

I am very excited about this workshop and the opportunity to work with such talented people and hopefully spread some educational cheer while I am at it!! Looking forward to working with you J!

Thanks Mark and lacour for posting this!

Tyler Wirken

October 05, 2007 11:27 AM  
Blogger emilie said...

Thanks for the nod, Mark. Very excited about Roots and the opportunity to spend a week with some of my most favorite people, and share them with all the workshop participants!

October 16, 2007 1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home