Monday, August 27, 2007

Tagged: 8 Things You Might Not Know About Erin

1. By the time I got to first grade, my vision was so bad that I couldn’t see two feet in front of me. I endured nearly two decades of glasses and contacts before the miracle of technology allowed me to have LASIK surgery in 2000. Not a day has gone by that I haven’t thought about how lucky I am to be able to see without assistance.

2. My favorite movie was The Goonies until it was trumped by Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind a few years ago. The message in the latter movie completely knocked the wind out of me – in a good way. (Although I still have a major obsession with pirate ships, and big ships in general, which started with The Goonies).

3. I had my identity stolen in New York in November 2001, after being pickpocketed. In addition to maxing out the one credit card I had, they opened nine department-store credit cards in my name, and I was completely shocked (and terrified) when I received all the bills for $800 each a couple of weeks later. Fortunately, after filling out many fraud reports, everything was forgiven and cleared from my credit report. But it was one of the most harrowing ordeals I have experienced.

4. I have a compulsive need to consolidate/stack dishes at restaurants. Also peripheral items such as straw papers, napkins, plastic cracker wrappers. Even at nicer dinners where it would be improper and just plain weird to do such a thing, my eyes still can’t help scanning the table thinking about which dishes could be stacked together to help the waiter.

5. I took up cello as an adult, starting lessons at age 23. It’s a pretty incredible feeling to be able to create those beautiful sounds that come out of a cello. One of my dreams is to eventually play cello in a rock band.

6. I am music-obsessed, mostly within the indie/punk genre, and spent a few weeks following the band Sebadoh around the Southeast back in high school. I was also a DJ for my college radio station. I still love the thrill of finding and falling in love with a tiny little band that only a handful of people have heard of.

7. I have been a vegetarian for 9 years (with an occasional bit of fish thrown in for extra protein). Everyone asks why, so I’ll say it here: I love animals of every kind, and if I can survive happily without having to create more demand for animals’ lives, I’m all for it.

8. I began dating my husband Mark in 2001 when he used the classic photographer pickup line: “You wanna come inside and see my portfolio?”

I tag: Regina Holder, Woodward + Rick, Corey McNabb, Delaney Holliman and Patrick Williams

6 Comments:

Blogger Brian + Gry said...

Indie/punk fan eh? And a cellist. . .how cool, we want a recital next visit! Thanks for sharing (and tagging!), you guys are too much!

xoxoxo,
brian + gry

August 27, 2007 9:21 PM  
Blogger Cameron Clark | baby business blog said...

where's the video of you playing the cello "rock style"???

August 27, 2007 11:18 PM  
Blogger Kristina said...

what a great way to leave the internet for a week! It is so fun to learn about your little idiosyncracies :)


too fun!
Tina

August 28, 2007 2:24 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

So... do you and Mark have all night Jam sessions? You may have created your own genre with the cello and tribal drums. Very cool, rock on!

August 28, 2007 3:38 AM  
Blogger Delaney Holliman said...

I would LOVE to hear you play sometime. You and Mark need to do somethign at the next Lacour get together!!!

Love you guys,

Delaney

August 28, 2007 10:42 AM  
Blogger J said...

“You wanna come inside and see my portfolio?” NICE Mark! But hey...it worked :)

Goonies...what a great movie!

Terrific to read a little more about you'all.

August 28, 2007 3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home