Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Warhol's Wit & Wisdom


My Mom grinned at me yesterday when I told her my current favorite book is WIKINOMICS. She knows that I used to avoid business books like the plague. I majored in Art History and my bookshelves are crammed full of artist's monographs and art theory books. So, it's funny to see my business books and my art books sharing shelves side-by-side these days!

Here is the newest quote on my wall, posted alongside the art and business books:

Business art is the step that comes after Art. I started as a commercial artist, and I want to finish as a business artist. Being good in business is the most fascinating kind of art. During the hippie era people put down the idea of business - they'd say 'Money is bad,' and 'Working is bad,' but making money is art and working is art and good business is the best art.

-Rachel

5 Comments:

Blogger 6 of Four Creations said...

Love it.

October 09, 2007 11:24 PM  
Blogger J said...

Great Quote! Good business is the best art workshop :)

October 10, 2007 9:07 PM  
Blogger swan said...

That registers with me. Maybe that's why I can't seem to sit still in a job once I've figured it out.

:)

October 10, 2007 10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woohoo!

laura

October 11, 2007 11:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've watched Don Tapscott's key note at an online seminar. You can view it here.
Harnessing the Power of Mass Collaboration: http://www.webex.com/go/tapscott

Wikinomics was sent a few weeks later and it's really a phenomenal read.

October 12, 2007 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home