Monday, June 30, 2008

London Calling



Cheers from London!

After spending a week in London, I can finally say I understand what Henry James meant when he wrote,

"It is difficult to speak adequately, or justly, of London. It is not a pleasant place; it is not agreeable, or easy, or exempt from reproach. It is only magnificent."

London is indeed a magical, magnificent place. Andrew and I hope to visit many times for work and play.

The wedding this weekend in Kent, "The Garden of England," was surreal and stunning all at once. Everywhere I turned, there was something inspiring to photograph. The church was built in 1233; the manor house, which is owned by the bride's family and was the site of the reception, was built in the early 1600s. I think my definition of the word "old" changed this weekend. I felt like I had been dropped into the set of a Merchant Ivory film!

Since our wake up call comes in 4 hours, I will sign off by sharing a few photographs from our week.

-Rachel



















7 Comments:

Blogger Artstar said...

Crazy- I am headed to London tomorrow am, looks like we are both up late by European standards tending our blogs...

June 30, 2008 8:10 PM  
Blogger Will Godfrey said...

umm... yeah. one word. Jealous!

June 30, 2008 9:57 PM  
Blogger Karelle Photography said...

I absolutely love the city of London. It really is magical and nostalgic. And I love the images you captured - makes me want to go back now!

June 30, 2008 11:04 PM  
Blogger Warren said...

Oh I love Kent! That's where my sister lives and I visit every year. So many great villages with some cool pubs to try out!! :)

I notice you made it to the cafe on the top floor of the Tate Modern. What an amazing view of the city.

July 01, 2008 12:20 PM  
Blogger Eyes 2 See said...

I love the street photography from the trip! I am sure the wedding was stunning. Can't wait to visit with you when you return.

July 01, 2008 7:14 PM  
Blogger Cameron Clark | baby business blog said...

hey guys.. are you EVER going to post any images from this (or any) wedding on this lovely blog? I'd love to check it out... sounds brilliant!

July 02, 2008 3:30 PM  
Blogger matt mendelsohn said...

Hey guys:

These are great travel images, as usual. Love the light in the terminal and the hotel lobby. Great stuff.

Matt

July 12, 2008 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home