Monday, February 05, 2007

Southern (California) Hospitality


We had a great time catching up with fellow photographers during our quick trip to Laguna Beach. Thank you to everyone who welcomed us so warmly.

Dane Sanders, who I first met a couple of years ago at one of Mike Colon's workshops, invited Erin and me to a lunch meeting with some of the best photographers in the OC. From Left to Right: Jules Bianchi, Dane Sanders, Jim Kennedy, Ryan Phillips, Joe Photo, Jessica Claire, Becker, Chenin & Doug Boutwell and Erin and me.

During lunch we talked about how networking has influenced our businesses. I've always felt a responsibility to share with others what I have learned throughout my life. I have grown directly as the result of other people - mentors, friends, colleagues - sharing with me their stories and helping me to improve. I sincerely feel that I have an obligation to pass that knowledge on and help others. It was simply great to join in the conversation with other like-minded photographers. Ron Dawson videotaped the luncheon and Dane will soon be featuring portions of the conversation on Simple Photo TV.


Here I am on Becker's lap begging him for an invite to his world famous party in Las Vegas during WPPI/DWF. This was the first time I've met Becker. Simply put, he's hilarious! I wish I had half the wit as Becker.


Erin and I also had the pleasure of having breakfast with Paul Gero Paul is a fellow newspaper/magazine photojournalist turned wedding photographer. This year, Canon named him an Explorer of Light. Not only is Paul a talented photographer, he is an amazing person. What stands out to me is his pure love for and excitement about his family. When he talks about his wife and daughter, Paul simply glows like no one else I've met.

Check back soon as we'll be sharing a little bit about the wedding we photographed while we were out in Orange County.-Mark

3 Comments:

Blogger Paul Gero said...

Hi Mark & Erin,

So good to see you both again...I enjoyed catching up and wish we had more time together.

I'm certain you knocked it out of the park on this wedding...can't wait to see more..

Best,

Paul

February 06, 2007 12:09 AM  
Blogger Jenna & Matt Walker said...

Mark!
looks as though things are going great for you guys! couldn't wish it upon better folk.

i've been contemplating an april trip down to your workshop but from the sounds of it things are going fast! better make a quick decision, eh. so fabulous.

happy living!

February 13, 2007 1:05 AM  
Blogger LaCour said...

Hi Jenna!
Great to hear from you! We would love to have you here for our workshop. There are a couple of seats left. Hope to see you! ~ Mark

February 13, 2007 10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home