Monday, October 29, 2007

On the Oregon Trail

Hiking at Mount Hood

Joe and Sebastien

I confess, I'm a four-bars-of-service kind of girl. If my phone dips below three bars, I start to get very nervous.

So, my jaw dropped when our GPS told us to turn down an "Unnamed Road" in Oregon and my phone started beeping loudly, warning me that I had ventured beyond connectedness, 2,588 miles from home.

It was a good experience for me to be disconnected for an entire weekend. It was surprisingly refreshing to toss my phone into a drawer and leave it there.

Thanks Joe and Marilyn for hosting us in your home, peacefully perched off the beaten path! We can see why you guys chose to live here. After two visits this Fall, we've fallen in love with the Pacific Northwest. I'm dreaming about starting a winery in the Willamette Valley. LaCour wine sounds pretty cool!

Today was the ShootQ Set-Up Party in Portland. Thanks Kevin Meyers for getting everyone together. Darcie Radtke let us use her beautiful new studio for the party! Thanks guys for reaching out to your fellow photographers to make the ShootQ set-up so successful.


Kevin is wonderful...and I look silly!

-Rachel

5 Comments:

Blogger 6 of Four Creations said...

How fun! I hate that we missed Kevin! : )

October 30, 2007 9:27 AM  
Blogger Kristina said...

Rachel you are halarious! I am glad you got disconnected too, everyone needs that :) I love OR!!

October 30, 2007 11:05 AM  
Blogger Kevin Meyers said...

Hey guys! It was awesome to get to see you on home turf. :) And by the way, you could name any business "LaCour Something" and it would sound great. Except for a nation-wide chain of discount big box stores perhaps. And a sidenote for LaCour blog followers Katie & Chris...I gotta make it to Atlanta sometime to see you guys too.

October 30, 2007 10:38 PM  
Blogger Garrett Nudd Photography Blog said...

LOL re being disconnected.

Kevin Meyers is a kind, sarcastic, talented, funny person and we love him dearly! So glad you got to hang out for a bit.

The pic of Joe and Sebastian speaks for itself. Option #4 in the Fab Four Lighting Techniques, right?

And finally, please tell me it wasn't too cold for you and Joe to set a couple Adirondack chairs in the middle of his stream and sip a glass of wine together. Now that's something I'd love to see a picture of! LOL!!!!

November 01, 2007 8:34 AM  
Blogger Shyla said...

OH MY!!! you're at my home!!!

thats my mountain!

Gee... one of my fav places with some of my fav people... I missed out :(

November 02, 2007 2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home