Friday, November 02, 2007

Halloween Howls



We have recovered from our annual Halloween party. This year, we went all out and decorated our home so that it was the brightest (or darkest), but nevertheless scariest house in our neighborhood. I sampled sections of the audio track from the DVD of The Shining and played the eerie screams and spooky sounds from speakers on our porch. The creepy mutterings of "redrum, redrum!" echoed throughout the neighborhood all night.

And the party, whew. What fun. We had a "Goth" theme, so most of the partygoers got to relive their angst-filled high school days.


Here's a photo of Erin and me - before I put my makeup on.


Here's Rachel creeping everyone out.

I can't show a picture of Andrew, because nobody would ever hire us again if images of him in his costume were leaked to the public.


I'm vain, so here's another picture of me (this was taken by David Banks).

And what really cracked me up is that two people dressed as ME for the party!


Ella and Robin actually dressed as Me and Erin.


Our neighbor, Hutch, dressed as me, complete with a pink scooter! (The real me and the Robin me are riding on the back!)


And here's Jenn Fraser-Linke, Adam Linke and their swashbuckling son, Hayden.


There were cobwebs all over our house. This is Ella's sister, Ada, entrancing everyone with her rendition of Thriller. If you ever get the chance to see her dance, you'll be blown away!

For a Real Halloween Story, you have to read this article that my friend Kane Stanley wrote about a trip that he and I and a few other friends took 9 years ago to Haiti and the Vodou ceremony that we went to on October 31, 1998.

**Click Here to read the story.-Mark

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristina said...

That looks like such a blast, too funny that people went as Mark! :)

November 02, 2007 11:44 PM  
Blogger Garrett Nudd Photography Blog said...

This is hilarious!!! What a cool party! And great costumes, everyone. Somehow I've got to get a hold of a pic of Andrew. Muahahaha.

November 03, 2007 7:53 AM  
Blogger 6 of Four Creations said...

What a blast guys. Great job throwing such an awesome party! We had a blast.

November 03, 2007 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home